By Kelly Bogard
Roadside stands are open for business, and now is a great time to get fruits and veggies that are in season during early summer.
And peaches are one of those tasty finds!
Peaches are one of the first things I look for when stopping at a stand. I like the little ones with lots of color and a sweet scent. Sometimes, I end up getting too many, though, so I make Peach Jam, which is perfect for this week’s recipe.
For Spicy Peach Grilled Chicken, you will need…
4-5 chicken leg quarters
1 12 oz. jar peach jam
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
By using peach jam, you can enjoy these flavors year round even when you can’t get fresh peaches locally. But I do think this dish is served best with a few slices of fresh peach as well.
Arrange your chicken, skin intact, in a single layer in a large dish with lid to marinate. Mix together all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour the mixture over all of the chicken coating well. You will want to lift the chicken slightly to make sure the marinade gets to the underside. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours to let the flavors soak in.
Clean and heat your grill so the chicken can go on over medium heat. Close the lid and let cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken starts to release from the grates. Because the marinade is sticky, it’s a good idea to oil your grill to keep it from sticking quite so much.
Flip the chicken to cook on the other side. It will likely take another 15 minutes or so. Just make sure you cook it to at least 165 degrees at the joint before removing from the grill. Let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes, so it can cool down and the juices get back into the meat.
This is a good way to satisfy your peach cravings year round or enjoy those fresh peaches now. Keep your eye out for the roadside stands as you’re heading out for vacation or a quick weekend adventure. They are sure to sweeten your day. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 4-5 chicken leg quarters
- 1 12 oz. jar peach jam
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- Place chicken an a single layer container for marinating.
- Mix together all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the peach mixture over the chicken evenly to coat on all sides.
- Cover and let chicken marinate for at least two hours refrigerated.
- Clean and heat grill to medium heat.
- Oil grill to prevent the chicken from sticking too much.
- Cook the chicken on each side for approximately 10-15 minutes or until temperature at the bone joint reads at least 165 degrees.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving warm.
Leave A Comment