By Kelly Bogard
Being a mom is the most rewarding job I’ve ever had. I get to help shape and mold a little person into a responsible adult. I get to be there for the fun times. But also when she is sad. I get to kiss boo-boos and make costumes for school plays. What makes me the happiest, though, is when my sweet “Butters” comes to help in the kitchen.
I grew up helping my mom and grandmothers so being able to pass that on to my daughter is really special to me. Instead of breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day, we usually make it a family affair. Making a meal with others can be more relaxing than having something made for you.
For Strawberries & Cream Stuffed French Toast, you will need…
8 slices Texas toast
1 lb. strawberries, chopped
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. strawberry jam
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. almond extract
butter for cooking
French toast is a family favorite, and it’s perfect for celebrating. The key is to use Texas toast. It’s thick and fluffy, making it super easy to soak up all the tasty flavors.
This is a great way to get a few extra minutes of quality time with those you love. I hope you have an amazing Mother’s Day. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Strawberries & Cream Stuffed French Toast
Summary: Sweet and creamy breakfast delight
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 1 lb. strawberries, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- butter for cooking
- Mix together cream cheese, jam and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in strawberries and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and almond extract in a shallow dish.
- Heat a large skillet and butter over medium heat.
- Dip two slices of bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Place in the heated skillet and cook until done on one side.
- Flip the toast and spread the cream cheese mixture over one slice.
- Top with the other slice, cooked side in.
- Continue cooking until all sides are toasted.
- Repeat as needed to complete.
- Serve warm.
Cooking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4