By Kelly Bogard
Fiesta! It’s time to celebrate. Gather your family and friends for a Tex-Mex feast. From salsa to fajitas, Texans know how to spice up a holiday.
This weekend will be full of annual Cinco De Mayo traditions and festivities. And the city of San Antonio is celebrating all month. Their historic city is turning 300 this year.
When planning party food, I like to make sure it’s something that can be put together quickly. This week, I’m sharing a Tex-Mex go-to for occasions just like this.
For Fiesta Chicken Tostadas, you will need…
6 crispy tostadas
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
1 12 oz. can refried beans
1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
1 avocado, chunked
grape tomatoes, halved
Queso Fresco cheese
This is a great last minute addition to any party or plate. With bold flavors and lots of color, these tostados certainly won’t get missed on that buffet table.
Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees. While it’s heating, place the chicken and enchilada sauce in a pan over medium heat to warm through. Since you are using pre-cooked chicken, you just want it to get warm again. I like to cook my chicken a day or two ahead of time, so it’s one less thing to do on the day of the party.
Now that the chicken is warming, spread a thick layer of beans on each tostada and place on a baking sheet. Bake them for five minutes to warm the beans and crisp up the tostado even more.
Once the tostados are warm, simply layer all of your ingredients on top of the beans starting with the chicken and finishing with crumbled Queso Fresco. Serve hot with a slice of lime for drizzling.
These can be split into smaller pieces to feed more if needed, but I like to use them as a main course. It has everything you need for a balanced meal. The tang of the chicken with the creamy beans, crispy shell and zest of veggies and lime, it truly is the whole enchilada…I mean tostada. Happy Birthday, San Antonio. And Happy Cinco De Mayo. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
|Passive Time||5 minutes|
- 6 crispy tostadas
- 1 lb. chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 12 oz. can refried beans
- 1 10 oz. can enchilada sauce
- 1 avocado chunked
- 1 lime
- grape tomatoes halved
- Queso Fresco cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine chicken and enchilada sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat to warm through.
- Spread a layer of beans on each tostada.
- Place the tostadas on a baking sheet and bake for five minutes to warm.
- Remove the tostadas from the oven.
- Spoon the hot chicken over the beans.
- Top with tomatoes and avocado.
- Crumble the Queso Fresco over each tostada.
- Serve warm with a fresh lime wedge.
Leave A Comment