By Kelly Bogard
What an amazing summer. Lots of sunshine, smiles and happiness at my house. I love the longer hours of daylight and the weekends filled with giggles and fun. But now I’m exhausted and ready to get back into the routine of school. Somehow, I don’t think Butters is quite as ready for the fun to come to an end.
She loves school, but the first couple of days are always the hardest. One surefire way to get her going is with a good breakfast. Something quick and tasty that will put a smile on her face.
For Weekday Waffles, you will need…
2 c. flour
1 tbsp. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. salted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla extract
fruit and syrup for topping
These waffles are a great way to get her filled up and ready to face the day. The fresh fruit topping is a good way to get the day started with a serving of fruits and veggies, too.
Preheat and prep the waffle iron with cooking spray. While you are waiting for it to heat up, you should combine the wet mixture into the dry mix bowl, stirring constantly to remove any lumps until everything is smooth.
These waffles are so good. Just the smell of them cooking gets my sweet girl moving and they taste even better. I hope everyone is enjoying the new adventure of another school year. Make sure to get the day started right with a well-balanced breakfast. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Weekday Waffles
Summary: Crispy & fluffy with a touch of sweet to start the week
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- fresh fruit and syrup for topping
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs together in a separate bowl until frothy.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the eggs.
- Preheat and prepare the waffle iron for cooking.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, stirring constantly to remove lumps. Stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour one serving of batter into the waffle iron per the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Cover and cook until the steam stops.
- Serve warm with fresh fruit and syrup.
Cooking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 10 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4-6