By Kelly Bogard
Whether it’s cold or warm, we all love a good meal. One that’s tasty and light, but always filling.
It’s even better when preparations are quick and easy. Sweet aromas fill the air. And clean up is almost non-existent.
This week’s recipe is a little of all three and perfect for this weekend.
I fell in love with this recipe last year when we had it at a family get-together. It’s versatile. It’s great for breakfast or dessert.
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Cream together the margarine and granulated sugar. The original recipe calls for oleo, which is the same as margarine. Butter just won’t work the same for this one.
This is a perfect example of a lasting recipe. Sometimes the classics are the best. Grab yourself a cup of joe and a slice of this amazing cake. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Summary: Warm and slightly sweet classic cake
- 1 c. margarine
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ c. pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together sugar and margarine.
- Mix in eggs.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder into wet ingredients.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a small bowl.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half the topping in the bottom of the bundt pan evenly.
- Pour half of the cake batter in on top of it.
- Sprinkle on remaining topping.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 65 minutes.
- Cool before inverting onto cake plate.
Cooking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 65 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 10-12