By Kelly Bogard
We sure enjoyed the cool weather last weekend here in Central Texas. It was a bit chilly first thing on Saturday morning, but warmed up to a very pleasant temperature just in time for Saturday evening festivities. It’s nights like this that we love to entertain.
This weekend will be no different and will hopefully include a steak since my birthday was yesterday. And, of course, every good steak needs a good side dish.
What you end up with is a crispy on the outside soft on the inside preloaded baked potato. They look beautiful on a plate and your friends will be very impressed. If they only knew how easy it was to make. Thanks to the potato farmers for the amazing spuds. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Cheesy Bacon Hasselback Potatoes
Summary: The perfect side for a perfect night!
- 4 baking potatoes, washed and dried
- ½ cup bacon crumbles
- 24 small slices of Colby Jack cheese
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil.
- Make thin slices in each potato almost to the bottom but not cutting all the way through.
- Place in a square baking dish and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste with additional olive oil.
- Sprinkle in crumbled bacon.
- Add slices of cheese between the layers of the potato.
- Place back in the oven for 30 to 40 additional minutes until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve warm.
Cooking time (duration): approximately 1 hour
Number of servings (yield): 4