By Kelly Bogard
I sometimes find it hard to balance work and home. As Butters gets older, it’s even more challenging. Our days are busy. Dinner is essential. But sometimes it takes a while to prepare. My slow cooker is great for days like these. I just start it before leaving for work. And it is ready to eat before evening activities.
There aren’t very many chicken recipes for slow cookers. I’m not sure why, but I promise this one doesn’t disappoint. In a few short steps, you can have a dinner the whole family will love.
This recipe is great for not only supper, but also for lunch the next day, too. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it can make enough to feed a crowd, as well.
Life is crazy, but meal time doesn’t have to be. Planning good recipes can make supper super without the stress. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Summary: Time-saving weeknight delight
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa (I like Kylito’s Original)
- Corn tortillas
- Taco toppings as desired
- Remove extra fat from chicken.
- Place chicken in a lined slow cooker.
- Coat chicken on both sides with taco seasoning.
- Cover chicken with salsa.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove to cool for 5 to 10 minutes and then shred.
- Stir shredded chicken in the salsa gravy in the slow cooker.
- Serve warm on corn tortillas with your choice of toppings.
Cooking time (duration): 5 to 8 hour(s), 0 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4-6