By Kelly Bogard
Things are starting to get spooky around here. Adorable ghosts and happy little goblins are making the final adjustments to their costumes and treat bags. As a mom of a tiny purple butterfly, I know the costume is only half the adventure of Halloween. When it comes down to it, it’s all about the candy.
Nowadays, most people opt for prepackaged treats, but I can remember as a kid getting all kinds of homemade treats. Popcorn Balls and Candied Apples topped the list of goodies to find. So even though I’ll be handing out prepackaged treats to the neighbor kids, I’ll have a homemade treat for Butters and her friends to eat Saturday night.
This sweet and salty treat takes minutes to prepare. You can make it before leaving to trick-or-treat, and it’ll be ready to eat by the time you get back.
First, prepare your popcorn according to the package directions.
In about 15 minutes, you have a treat prepared that’s sure to satisfy most all of your little monsters. Have a safe and enjoyable Halloween. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Candy Corn Popcorn
Summary: Sweet and salty treats do the trick
- 1 bag microwave buttered popcorn
- 3 c. marshmallows
- 1/4 c. salted butter
- 1 1/2 c. candy corn
- Fall sprinkles
- Prepare popcorn per package instructions.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Pour the prepared popcorn in a bowl.
- Drizzle the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn.
- Add the candy corn and mix together.
- Flatten out on waxed paper to cool.
- Scatter sprinkles over the top so they stick before cooling.
- Serve immediately once cool or store in an airtight container.
Prep time (duration): 0 hour(s), 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 10-12