By Kelly Bogard
Baking is a form of therapy for me. I tend to overfill my plate with responsibilities with family, career and volunteer work.
Finding a happy medium can be extremely tough this time of year. But baking always centers me. It’s a time I can clear my head for the tasks ahead.
Since my birthday is also this week, it seemed like a perfect time to make one of my favorite desserts. The mixture of the rich chocolate and sweet creamy cheesecake is definitely something to celebrate.
For Cheesecake Brownie Bars, you will need…
2 c. sugar
1 1/3 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
5 eggs + 1 for topping
1 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. vanilla, divided evenly
2- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
This recipe comes in two parts. One for the rich, chocolaty brownies and the second for the creamy cheesecake. Each has its own unique part to play in this amazing dessert to make it perfect for any occasion.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is heating, mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Next, slowly add in the melted butter and 1 tsp. vanilla while mixing, followed by five eggs added one at a time so that everything gets mixed together well.
Once the brownie layer is cooked, remove it to cool for about 15 minutes. While it is cooling, mix together cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, one egg and the remaining vanilla. You want this mixture to be as smooth as possible, so it might take a few minutes.
This is a great recipe to celebrate with and a lot of fun to make. And if the baking doesn’t clear your head, the amazing flavors will. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Cheesecake Brownie Bars
Summary: Perfectly sweet for any occasion
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 3/4 c. cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 eggs + 1 for topping
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided evenly
- 2- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add melted butter and one teaspoon vanilla while mixing.
- Continue mixing and add eggs one at a time until everything is well combined.
- Pour batter into a 9×13 lined baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cream together remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownies and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cheesecake layer is set.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.
Baking time (duration): 1 hour(s), 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield):