By Kelly Bogard
The 2014 football season officially ends this Sunday. The teams have been picked and the commercials are cued. Now it’s time to pick out the food. There are all kinds of things to eat during a Super Bowl party like Fiesta Corn Dip or Triple Meat Pizza Bread. But none are like this week’s recipe.
Buffalo wings are a classic football food. Now, there’s a way to have the flavor of the wings, but not the calories. Better yet, you get to lose the bones, so clean-up is a breeze.
Buffalo Bites is a miniature version of a wing without the deep-fried guilt. They are juicy and tender with just a kick of heat. And just the right size to pop in your mouth when you pass the food table during a break.
Now that the chicken is almost done, pour the sauce mix over the chicken and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes more, stirring to make sure all of the chicken is well-coated. Serve with your favorite Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing.
And that’s it. In about 20 minutes, you can have a great snack for your hungry football or commercial fans. I hope you enjoy the big game this weekend and laugh a lot at the commercials. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Buffalo Bites
Summary: Light and tasty snack for the big game
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/3 c. Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Season chicken with garlic salt.
- Add chicken to the pan with heated oil and cook through over medium heat.
- Combine hot sauce, Worchestershire sauce and butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- When chicken is almost done cooking, pour in the sauce mixture.
- Let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing.
Cooking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4-6