By Kelly Bogard
Bacon, bacon, bacon. Everywhere I turn, I see something else is made from bacon. Put it on salads, wrap it around steaks or chicken and even add it to your oatmeal for breakfast.
It just so happens a very cool food holiday is the weekend of a national holiday this year. Sunday is International Bacon Day. And since everyone seems to be bacon crazy right now, why not join in on the fun.
In addition to being super easy, this recipe is great for parties. Since the college football season started yesterday, it’s an excellent choice for a game-time snack.
Use a strainer to sprinkle brown sugar over the top of all of the bacon-topped crackers. Pop in the oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through. Leave on the pan for about five minutes before serving. Be careful–if you bake them too long, the sugar will burn.
If you have any bacon lovers in your house, you won’t be able to get them to the buffet table quick enough. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable weekend. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Sweet Bacon Crackers
Summary: Sweet and salty game day food
- 1 lb. center cut bacon
- 1 1/2 sleeves rectangle butter crackers
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cover the baking sheet with the crackers in one layer end-to-end.
- Slice the bacon into slices 1/4 of the original length.
- Cover each cracker with a piece of bacon.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Cooking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8-10