By Kelly Bogard
Did you know that the month of June is Dairy Month? No, really, a whole month set aside to honor and enjoy all things dairy. Cream, butter, milk…they all get their time in the spotlight.
So this week I decided to put a few of my favorite dairy products together to see what yumminess I could turn it into. I was able to get three of the main ingredients to be milk products. Then I added chocolate for good measure.
For Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites, you will need…
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
6 tbsp. salted butter, melted
2 eight-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
mini paper liners
I just love cheesecake. What I like even better though is one that is no bake. Cold and creamy with a touch of chocolate and I didn’t even heat up my kitchen. This recipe is perfect for summer.
First things, first. Mix together the chocolate crumbs with the butter until everything is moist. Then add a small amount of the mixture to the bottom of a lined mini muffin pan. Press it down with your fingers to make the crust. Once you have them all pressed down, place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 10 minutes.
These creamy cuties are perfect for a summer party or even as a quick treat for the kiddos. Join us in the celebration of Dairy Month by sharing your favorite recipes with me. I would love to feature them in the future. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
Summary: Cool and creamy bite-sized chocolate treat
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 2 eight-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- mini paper liners
- Combine chocolate crumbs with the butter until moist.
- Press a small amount of the crumb mixture in the bottom of each liner.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, almond extract and salt until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Whip heavy cream until fluffy.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe filling into chocolate crumb shells.
- Chill for at least four hours before serving.
Prep time (duration): 0 hour(s), 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 3-4 dozen