By Kelly Bogard
I have pumpkins on the brain. Lately everywhere I go, everything I do has something to do with pumpkins. Pumpkin patches are popping up all over the place, pumpkins on every porch—not to mention the fall festivals with, you guessed it, pumpkins.
This week I’m sharing one of my favorite no-bake recipes, Creamy Pumpkin Trifle, to get us in a fall mood. This rich, creamy dessert is great for parties, and it is pretty, too.
For Creamy Pumpkin Trifle, you will need…
3/4 cup cold milk
1 pkg. (3.4-ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups whipped topping
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1-1/2 cups gingersnaps, crushed
This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare but needs a while to firm up, so try to make it at least three to four hours before serving.
In your trifle dish or a large serving bowl, spoon one-third of the pumpkin mixture into the bowl, followed by one-third of the crushed gingersnaps. Repeat these layers until you have used all of the ingredients and then top with the remaining whipped topping.
From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Creamy Pumpkin Trifle
Summary: Rich and creamy pumpkin treat
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 pkg. (3.4-ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 cups gingersnaps, crushed
- Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and chopped pecans (if desired).
- Fold in two cups of whipped topping.
- Spoon one-third of the pumpkin mixture into a trifle or large bowl;* top with one-third of the gingersnap crumbs.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with additional whipped topping.
- Chill for three to four hours for optimal consistency.
Prep time (duration): 10 minutes
Set time (duration): 3-4 hours
Number of servings (yield): 6-8
*Note: This recipe also can be made into single-serving parfaits by layering the pumpkin mixture, gingersnap crumbs and whipped topping in individual dessert bowls.