By Kelly Bogard
Have you ever been to a cookie exchange? You know, one of those parties where everyone brings three or four dozen cookies and swaps them with friends for the holidays? If you haven’t been, try to make it to one. They are a lot of fun.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe that I’ve taken to a cookie exchange or two. Everything Cookies are oatmeal cookies filled with all kinds of yummy extras: dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and, of course, Texas pecans.
For Everything Cookies, you will need…
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup white chocolate chips
First things first. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, cream together the white and brown sugars and softened butter.
Next, add in your eggs one at a time and then the vanilla.
In another bowl, combine the flour and spices.
Slowly add them to the wet ingredients with your mixer on low to keep flour from flying everywhere.
Stir in the oats.
Finally, fold in the “extras.”
Drop tablespoons of dough on a lined cookie sheet, about two inches apart.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
These cookies are very moist and can crumble if you aren’t careful. But they’re melt in your mouth good—so even if they don’t come out pretty, they will still taste amazing.
I hope you are having fun this holiday season. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Summary: Oatmeal cookies filled with a little bit of everything
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
- Mix in oats until just blended.
- Fold in cranberries, pecans and white chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough, two inches apart, onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack and serve.
Prep time (duration): 20 minutes
Cook time (duration): 12 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4 dozen