By Kelly Bogard
I don’t know about y’all, but I am a “snacky” kind of person. I would just as soon snack all day as sit down for a full-blown meal. And next weekend is the perfect time to be a snacker. There is a big football game next weekend. Two teams playing in New York. I will most likely have a house full of people, not watching the game but the commercials.
If there isn’t a Texas team playing, then chances are the people I know aren’t interested. But the opportunity to spend time with friends and family while watching hilarious commercials and eating epic food is not something I am going to forgo just because I don’t know anything about or of the teams or their players. What better to snack on during a football party? Why pizza, of course.
For Triple Meat Pizza Bread, you will need…
3 cans refrigerated Italian bread
3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
4 oz. pepperoni, chopped
4 oz. Canadian bacon, chopped
1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Jarred pizza sauce for dipping
I made a version of this for a party earlier in the week and everyone just raved about it. It just had the pepperoni so I thought I would kick it up a little for the special event next Sunday and triple the meat. Seriously, who doesn’t like a meaty pizza?
First things, first. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While your oven is heating, remove the casing and brown the sausage in a skillet. Once it is cooked through, drain the grease off and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
In a separate bowl, combine the three meats.
Cut one package of the refrigerated dough into large chunks and place in a bowl. Once you fill the bottom of the bowl, pour on a little bit of olive oil to coat the bread pieces. Repeat until all of the bread is coated. I find it easier to have my baking dish handy at this point, too. That way, I have a place for the bread as it comes out of the bowl.
Now, put the first batch of dough in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover it with 1/2 the meat mixture and 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling, ending with the last pack of sectioned dough topped with the last of the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is cooked through.
This is a great go-to recipe for parties and it is easily modified to fit your particular pizza taste. It is best served warm with pizza sauce for dipping. Here’s to a wonderful week ahead and much laughter at the commercials next Sunday. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Triple Meat Pizza Bread
Summary: Perfect football food for sharing
- 3 cans refrigerated Italian bread
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 oz. pepperoni, chopped
- 4 oz. Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Jarred pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove sausage from casing and brown in a skillet.
- Mix together cheese and seasoning. Set aside.
- Remove grease from cooked sausage and allow to cool some.
- Combine three meats in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut up one package of bread into small chunks and coat with oil.
- Place the dough in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Then layer on ½ of the meat mixture.
- Top with 1/3 of the seasoned cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with final package of coated bread dough and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is no longer doughy.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
Prep time (duration): 0 hour(s), 15 minutes
Baking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 12-18
Leave A Comment