By Kelly Bogard
The holidays are coming! The holidays are coming! Do you know what you are going to cook? Earlier this week I found out I’ll be hosting 31 family members and friends on Thanksgiving. This means the following: there will be two turkeys, one ham, four pans of dressing, at least two green bean casseroles and pies galore! Not to mention all of the goodies our families will be bringing with them. There also will be Party Potatoes.
For Party Potatoes, you will need…
6-8 medium baking potatoes, skinned
1 stick salted butter
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz. cream cheese
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
This yummy creation is something I learned from my mom many years ago and is perfect for crowds large and small. It is fluffy, creamy mashed potatoes loaded with all of the awesome stuff you might put on a baked potato and then baked to a golden perfection.
First things first. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then chop your skinned potatoes and set them to boil on your stove top just as you would do for mashed potatoes.
Once your potatoes are cooked, drain them and move them to a large bowl for creaming. Using an electric mixer, combine four tablespoons of the butter and all of the sour cream with the cooked potatoes.
Next, add in your cream cheese, grated cheese and any seasonings you like. Mix well.
Add in your green onions and continue to mix until everything is well combined.
Finally, move the potato mixture to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish, dot with the remaining butter and heat in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
Now you have an amazing and easy side dish to complete your holiday entertaining. I hope you all have a safe and yummy Thanksgiving holiday and cherish the time with family and friends.
From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Party Potatoes
Summary: Easy, creamy mashed potatoes that taste like a loaded baked potato
- 6-8 medium baking potatoes, skinned
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut skinned potatoes into large chunks and boil until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and move to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine potatoes, four tablespoons of butter and sour cream using an electric mixer.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings, mixing thoroughly.
- Incorporate the green onions.
- Move the mixed potatoes to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool before serving.
Prep time (duration): 20 minutes
Cooking time (duration): 25-30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 8-10