By Kelly Bogard
Let’s talk back to school.
Those early mornings are filled with anticipation and hunger—for food and knowledge. No matter their age or grade in school, all students have one thing in common—they need a hearty breakfast to start the day off right.
The first day of school is kind of a big deal in my house right now. See, Butters is starting kindergarten. And, as much as I don’t want her to grow up, I’ll do my best to give her the fuel she needs to succeed—breakfast!
This is a recipe Rhonda in Cherokee County sent me. She sends some pretty tasty recipes. So, of course, I had to try it out for myself. Thanks for another good one, Rhonda!
It’s a great and tasty way to send your kiddos off to a great first day of school. And there might even be one left for you. Here’s to hoping for straight A’s. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Upside Down Breakfast Stackers
Summary: Super breakfast to start your day
- 3 eggs
- 6 sausage patties
- 1 pkg. biscuit mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix biscuit mix by directions, adding a little more water for pancake-like batter.
- Cook the sausage and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs.
- Divide beaten eggs into each muffin cup.
- Top with warm sausage patty.
- Then, top with biscuit mix.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Invert onto plate and top with shredded cheese.
Cooking time (duration): 0 hour(s), 20 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 6