By Kelly Bogard
Tweaking recipes is something I do quite a bit. I start out with a recipe making it just as written the first time. This is so I am sure of what the final results will be. After that, I kind of go crazy. A dash of this and a hint of that. Change the protein or add a sauce. Anything to make it more delicious than it already was.
I didn’t touch this week’s recipe because my friend Bonnie has been perfecting it at her home for the past several months. When she told me about it, I just had to try this easy summer treat.
For Chocolate Spice Ice Cream, you will need…
1 bar 100% Cacao chocolate
1 bar 60% Cacao chocolate
1½ c. black coffee, hot and strong
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk (Shake well before opening)
6 c. heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 pkg. Dream Whip powder
4 tbsp. cinnamon
2 gallon zipper bags
This ice cream reminds me a lot of the Mexican Fudge I make around Christmas time every year. I just love the combination of cinnamon and chocolate. It’s perfect any time of year.
Put together two gallon bags, one inside the other, and place in a bowl for stability. Pour the ice cream into the inside bag. Remove as much air as you can from the inner bag and seal. Next, seal the outside bag around it. Shake vigorously for about a minute.
This ice cream is super smooth, creamy and the flavors are out of this world. Thanks, Bonnie, for tweaking this recipe and sharing it with me so I could share it with everyone else. I’m always looking for new recipes, so be sure to send some my way. From all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Chocolate Spice Ice Cream
Summary: Creamy and bold to chill your sweet tooth
- 1 bar 100% Cacao chocolate
- 1 bar 60% Cacao chocolate
- 1½ c. black coffee, hot and strong
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk (Shake well before opening)
- 6 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. Dream Whip powder
- 4 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 gallon zipper bags
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Place the pieces in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot coffee over the chocolate and stir.
- Allow the coffee to melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the two canned milks.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream.
- Whip the mixture until frothy.
- Sprinkle in the whip powder and cinnamon.
- Continue whipping until well-combined.
- Mix the melted chocolate mixture into the cream mix.
- Place one of the gallon bags inside the other and sit upright in a large bowl.
- Pour the ice cream mix into the inner bag and seal. Be sure to remove as much air as possible.
- Seal the second bag over the first.
- Shake the bags for approximately one minute.
- Freeze for 12 to 24 hours to firm.
- Let sit out for 10 to 15 minutes prior to scooping.
Prep time (duration): 0 hour(s), 15 minutes
Freezing time (duration): 12-24 hour(s), 0 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 10-12