By Kelly Bogard
The day I’ve been waiting for has arrived. My sweet Butters has finally discovered the joy of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
This sweet, nutty spread played such a role in her daddy’s and my childhood. But I’m past my PB&J stage. I like to get right to the sweet of it. Especially when I pair it with chocolate like I’m doing today. Grown-ups love peanut butter, too!
This month is National Peanut Month. What better time to share this amazing recipe. A special thanks to Jessica Domel for finding this one for me. I can’t wait for you to try it.
Roll the peanut butter mixture into small balls. I try to get them between the size of a quarter and a half dollar. Once rolled out, pop them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up. This will help when you are dipping them.
Right before you get the peanut butter balls out of the refrigerator, melt the chocolate per the package instructions. Dip each ball in the chocolate and be sure to remove any excess chocolate by tapping the fork on the side of the bowl.
These nutty little gems are great for a special sweet treat. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for your personal stash, but I like to share them with my nutty friends more. Happy Peanut Month and from all of us at Texas Table Top, enjoy!
Recipe: Crispy Peanut Butter Bon Bons
Summary: Nutty yet sophisticated bite-sized sweet
- 14 oz. milk chocolate melts
- 14 oz. creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- Mix together powdered sugar and rice cereal in a large bowl.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate per package instructions.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate.
- Tap off excess chocolate.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Chill for 30 minutes to set chocolate before serving.
Prep time (duration): 1 hour(s),15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 2 to 3 dozen